- What is the Managed Futures Database?
- Opalesque Managed Futures database is dedicated exclusively to "CTA" investments and access is available to Institutional Investors such as Funds of Funds, Family Offices, Pension Funds and UHNWI globally. CTA Managers that have funds included in the Managed Futures Database will get exposure to Institutional Investors who are actively looking to invest in futures strategies.
- What is the criteria for including the funds in our Managed Futures Database?
- - Minimum of $50m AuM.
- Monthly AuM and performance reporting net of fees.
- Do you allow the listing of separately managed accounts?
- Yes, Managed accounts will be labeled SMA and not be included in our index calculation.
- I am interested, how much does your database cost and what are the subscription options?
There are various subscription options. It turns out that the most popular option is the 1 year for only $399.
Other subscription options are Six month with Auto Renewal and a straight Two Year access to the database. Please view plans and pricing options here:
At the end of the one or two year subscription term, there will be no automatic renewal, but the subscriber will be informed ahead of the nearing end date so that he/she can extend their access to the database. When extending access, any subscription period can be chosen at that time. If the user opts not to extend his access, after the end of his paid subscription time he/she will not be able to access the database.
- Are there free trials for the database?
We do not offer free trial periods but do offer a free sample of our fund profile so you can get a good sense of our information.
- In case of the minimum subscription period, the six month with auto renewal, what are the cancellation terms?
- The subscription can be cancelled online any time BEFORE the billing for the next cycle has been done by the bank. You can also email
to get your Auto renewal canceled. We recommend canceling 24 hours ahead of the automated renewal.
- Who is processing your credit card transactions, and is this secure?
- Since the start of our business (2003) Opalesque has been using Worldpay (owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland) as its credit card processor. Worldpay is a leading online credit card processor with an outstanding security track record. Opalesque does not store, save or even see your credit card data, as all card data will be entered on a secure site operated by Worldpay.
- If my subscription has ended, or after canceling my auto renewal I want to get access again, how do I re-subscribe to Managed Futures Database?
- Just logon to the Managed Futures Database website, from where you will be redirected to the My Profile section. Here you can re-subscribe and choose any subscription period you like.
- Are you offering a discount to subscribers of the Opalesque publications?
- Yes, discounts for are available for corporate accounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information.
- I just subscribed to your Managed Futures Database and think it's awesome. Can I download a spreadsheet of all the information?
The Managed Futures website is a true online database, and we keep our community online to prevent misuse in the form of reckless mining or copying of our contact information. Therefore there are no downloadable spreadsheets. However, we do offer a wide range of methods to view, sort, search and track the data. We also have pdf's related to funds, which could be downloaded from the individual funds. You can search the database by all data fields and keep your information organized online through a My Favorite Funds section.
We created the Managed Futures on purpose as an online database, as this ensures all users can access at all times the latest updated information. The Managed Futures Database is an online, real-time collection of information.
- What kind of information is available in the database?
- Most profiles of CTA Funds have information including: Name, company name, fund type, strategy, performance, email address, phone number, address, and a description of the fund etc.
- How do I get access to samples of the site and its profiles?
- There is a Samples section on the site where you can see sample profile of our fund, as well as the Watch list which allows you the convenient ability to monitor funds of interest.
- Can I sort by Category?
- Yes, we provide searches by category and many other data fields.
- When did the site launch?
- The Managed Futures Database beta version of the website was successfully launched on September, 2012.
- If I sign up is my information safe and if I unsubscribe or opt-out of the site what happens to my info?
- The information is hosted on a secure Opalesque server. Opalesque has been running since 2003 as a secure internet publisher.
- Can I upload information or change inaccurate information of profiles on the site?
- If you are a manager you can adjust incorrect information for your own funds. For other profiles, for any adjustments you can email it to
and we would get back to you. If the changes are researched and proven to be accurate they will be implemented in the database.
- How do I organize my information and / or keep track of important CTA Funds?
- We have added a My Favorite Funds section to keep track of funds on which you are particularly focused. This convenient tool allows you to group your critical funds in a coherent and organized way to monitor your funds.
- I would like to list my fund to the Managed Futures Database, How can I do that?
- If you are a manager, you can register for free and update your profile to market your company and the funds to our global community. You can update information any time if there is a change in your fund's profile information and the performances every month.
- My fund profile is included in the Managed Futures Database. Can I opt-out from being listed there, and how?
- We make sure the records get deleted if you opt out, this is reflected in our user agreement. You can email
- Do you ensure that investors who register are accredited investors? If so, how do you ensure this?
- With each logon, users will have to confirm their accredited investor status.
- Do you have a LAMP Act provision in your user agreement (otherwise known as a 30-day rule, where the investor states they will not invest in a fund without having established a relationship with the fund for 30 days - so that the web listing is not considered a 'solicitation')?
- Where is the data coming from?
- The Managed Futures Database is unique because it features many "off the grid" funds which are very difficult to locate. We research public records and listings, and fund details are also entered and adjusted by the managers themselves. Managers can
themselves to the database free of cost and add alternative funds from their firm.
If you think that your firm's funds fits perfectly to be in our database then email us the fund detail with performances at email@example.com
- Will our fund be included in the Managed Futures Index, and what are the criteria for inclusion? Can we decide whether or not our fund will be included in the indices?
- We include all funds that report assets and performance monthly and in USD. A detailed description of the index methodology can be found here: http://www.managedfuturesdatabase.com/index-chart.html.
We do not exclude funds from the indices on enquiry from the management. However, we do guarantee that we don't publish the constituents for the indices.
- Is there a fee for managers to list their programs?
- What is the most economical way to access the Managed Futures Database?
- You can save over $497 with the Two Year subscription for only $699 -